Seeking farmers for long-term business partnership – available immediately.
ABOUT THE LAND
- 220 acres available with 30 acres of fields (that need to be bush hogged; has not been done in 4 years) and the rest in mature hardwood (40 of which is a pine plantation and the rest sugar bush)
- 15 acres of field have been fenced with cedar posts
- 3 drilled wells on property (house, barn, loft)
- Small pond fed by natural source
- Small stream runs at back of property
- Not sure of soil type
- No agriculture practiced for 10+ years
- Previous owner used organic practices; grew mushrooms and did woodwork
- Road access with gated entry
Available on the property:
- Main house
- Loft (extra living space) with gym below and attached garage
- Can live in loft to start as fully equipped; main house needs to be cleaned and furnished
- Farm buildings (i.e. barn, shed, greenhouse): all renovated
- Horse/Animal barn with electricity and drilled well; access to fields and inside/outside dog run
- Storage barn; can fit tractor and much more
- Machinery available; bush hog, tiller, snow blower etc.… (Kubota tractor and M-90)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Looking for young dynamic farmer couple(s) that are willing to stay on the property full time and for long-term (4-5 years to start); maintaining buildings, developing agro-business and taking care of our dog and 2 cats. Can be more than one couple as lots of living space.
Vision for farming on the land:
- Clean slate – can be anything from animals to crops
- Like the idea of giving back to the community; farmers working with charitable organizations
- Would like to see eco-responsible/organic agriculture (maybe even terra-culture)
First year would be free except for electricity needs, after which we would come to an agreement with regards to production/rental.
GET IN TOUCH
Please send info on background skills and qualifications (education), references and business plan if available, vision and plans for the future.
Reach out directly to the landholder, Johanna, at email@example.com or 438-390-8434 (cell phone) to start a conversation.