BC Young Agrarians
Young Agrarians (YA), a partnership with FarmFolk CityFolk, is focused on growing the next generation of ecological farmers in BC. YA is an online and offline network strategy to engage new and potential entrants into agro-ecology. Our main activities are: events, educational workshops, land linking, business mentorship and online community engagement.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is capable of taking a leadership role while working within a tight timeframe. The primary focus of this position will be to coordinate land linking and business mentorship network activities. This position will be supported and supervised by the Young Agrarians BC Coordinator. Pending funding, the ideal candidate will be able to continue to work with Young Agrarians on a long-term basis focused on program support, events, communications and administration.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Land Linking Event Logistics including: partnerships, venue, outreach, volunteer engagement, program schedule and budget;
- Coordinate Business Mentorship Network program development activities including: intake, criteria development for mentees/mentors, scheduling and administration;
- Create and disseminate outreach and promotional kits, manage creation of collateral and campaign materials;
- Engage and utilize youngagrarians.org wordpress blog, social media channels, and YA Resource Map;
- Support evaluation and impact assessment through creation of and augmentation of tracking tools;
- Create a short wrap-up report focused on project deliverables providing recommendations of best practices and next steps.
- Proven track record coordinating events, working with farmers and delivering programs within budget;
- Joy and ease in communication, outreach and stakeholder engagement;
- Farm Literate: minimum 2 years of experience in sustainable / ecological / organic agriculture and / or food production;
- Basic understanding of business and production planning, as well as an interest in land-access would be an asset to this position;
- Working proficiency with press, multi-media, wordpress, mailchimp and social media;
- High personal motivation, self-management and detail-orientation;
- Ability to take responsibility to meet deadlines and make progress without direct supervision;
- Excellent administration, outreach, communications, relationship and community-building skills.
- Must have computer. This position can be worked from a home office.
Application Deadline: 5pm, Monday, September 29th, 2014
Contract Amount $18,000: $25/hr x @ 30hrs/week starting October 14, 2014 – @ April 14, 2015. An evaluation review will be conducted at three months to assess how contract position is developing.
Please send a resume and 1-page cover letter outlining why your work experience makes you a good candidate for this contract to Sara Dent: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you to each applicant for your interest and for sending in your resume and cover letter.
This contract position has been made possible through the generous assistance of Vancity and the Real Estate Foundation of BC.