Lohbrunner Community Farm Cooperative in Langford BC is looking for passionate entrepreneur farmers to be part of the development of our 13 acre farm!
About Lohbrunner Farm
The coop is currently comprised of eight founding members who spearheaded the transfer of the farm from The Land Conservancy to Farm Folk City Folk who now hold the land in trust for many generations to come. Now that the land is secured we are ready to develop a community service nonprofit co-op.
The farm has 6 acres approximately of a rich flood plane, 4 of which has been a hayfield for many years and another acre that is growing an abundance of berries and vegetables. We are ready to turn another 3 acres into food production land. There is work to be done to make that happen as there is minimal infrastructure on the farm at this time.
About this Opportunity
We are offering farmers long term affordable leases of one or more acres and collaborative support of a new co-op to help grow your business. We are looking to have a multigenerational functioning farm and are leaning a little to far to the elder side of things at this time.
Currently there is a small 1950’s farm house to rent out to a farmer and/or family. In our vision we hope to add temporary housing to support the work of the farm.
We will be partnering with Growing Young Farmers and local schools to offer “Get Your Hands in the Soil” programs on the farm to initiate our community involvement. If you are interested in working with kids there may be opportunities here to assist with programs or you may have some ideas on developing other community involvement that we would love to hear about.
Skills & Qualities
Lohbrunner is looking for farmers with the following skills and qualities:
- experiences and interest in working collaboratively
- demonstrated skills and experience in organic food production & sustainable ecological farming practises
- desire to support or take the lead on community involvement projects
- passionate about growing organic food
- ability to develop and implement a farm business plan
- willingness to be use your coordination skills in a membership drive
- excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- ability to function within a multigenerational team
Get in Touch
Contact us through email@example.com to explore what the coop has to offer you and your farm business plan.