About Ceres Circle Farm
Ceres Circle Farm is a 36.8 acre sheep farm in Kelowna, British Columbia. It is a very beautiful farm that has been meticulously maintained. There are gentle rolling hills that are fenced into paddocks on both sides, as well as a natural uncultivated area full of edible and medicinal plants.
About The Opportunity
A sheep farming operation would be the ideal “flagship” enterprise as the property can accommodate maximum 35-45 sheep (or 100 animals including lambs) in rotation. There is infrastructure to service the animals from birth to slaughter, including a provincially licensed abattoir with walk-in cooler and freezer, and equipped cutting room. There is also housing for resident farmer/s.
As well as a sheep operation, there are opportunities for other agricultural enterprises on the land: i.e. the land is fertile and could sustain a market garden, and the wooded area would be ideal for pigs.
We are looking for people who are interested/excited to share the land, as well as people interested in forming a “group” to manage it; either part of an existing group or a new one (informal or formal). This is a long-term opportunity full of potential for a diversity of enterprises fostered by people with similar values in shared land tenure.
Get In Touch
If you are interested in this land opportunity, please submit a proposal consisting of the following criteria. To be considered in the initial interviews, please send in applications by August 7 at 12 p.m. We will continue to take applications after August 7 for the 2018 farming season until a suitable applicant is found.
Please send the proposal to: the BC Foodlands Cooperative at email@example.com, and cc’ Young Agrarians: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Describe the farm operation you plan on establishing and/or expanding. Include information on the kind of crop(s)/livestock you plan to grow/raise, etc.
- What is your farming experience and qualifications that indicate your ability to successfully execute your business plan?
- What cooperative or group experience do you have that indicates aptitude for a community farm opportunity?
- Please include three personal or professional references.
- Any other information that you think is important for us to consider.