Accommodation in Exchange for P/T Farm Labour in the beautiful Cowichan Valley
WHERE: KINSOL FARM, 4041 Mountain Road, Duncan, BC
WHAT: Henk (carpenter) and Robin (herbalist) are seeking a couple to exchange 20 hours per week in farm labour for accommodation at their 12 acre farm 20 minutes south of Duncan. The farm is a hobby farm with the potential to grow and generate more revenue from produce/herbs/chickens etc. with the right help.
ABOUT THE FARM: At present, the farm consists of a veggie garden, small greenhouse, orchard, herb gardens, pastureland (4 sheep), woodlot, bees, and 70 laying hens. The farm is organic, but not certified, and we raise some herbs for Botanical Bliss, Robin’s herbal products business (botanicalbliss.ca). View more via the Kinsol Farm Land Listing on the Young Agrarians UMAP.
- 800 square foot suite with full kitchen, bathroom, 1 bedroom, living area and glassed-in porch, ground level entry, wood & electric heat;
- Partially furnished;
- Parking for one vehicle;
- Shared laundry;
- Includes internet (with restrictions) & hydro (small charge in winter months);
In exchange for a living space on the farm you will be responsible for assisting in the following tasks:
FARM LABOUR – 20 hours per week
- Daily animal feed and upkeep;
- Spring garden/greenhouse design, preparation and planting;
- Summer /fall weeding, harvest, herb drying, canning etc;
- Special projects including woodcutting, tree control, building, fencing, drainage control, maintenance of buildings/roadways etc. (detailed list available upon request)
For more information please contact: