Grassroots Family Farm is a unique diversified 250 acre farm that functions like an ecosystem. Come and see its interconnected sources of revenue AND resilience:
- Treatment-free honeybees
- Thriving forest gardens of fruits and nuts
- Market gardens where pigs till and chickens weed
- Solar water pumping and gravity irrigation system
- Grass-fed beef, milk-fed pork and forest-fed chickens
- 3 KM of swales and 6 million gallons of farther water storage
When: June 18th, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
What: Farmer and permaculture designer Takota Coen will lead a tour of his family’s farm.
Where: Grassroots Family Farm, near Ferintosh, Camrose, County. Detailed Directions will be given upon registration.
Cost: Free, but donations are gratefully accepted and will go towards the farm’s Tree Planting Fund. An assortment of permaculture hand tools will also be available for purchase.
Register in advance by contacting Takota at 780-781-5929 or firstname.lastname@example.org