Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society (LAFS) is promoting agriculture in the the District of Lillooet & St’át’imc. They are hiring an Executive Director! Click here for the complete job description.
(9 month contract, starting June 1, 2018)
ABOUT LILLOOET AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SOCIETY
The Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society (LAFS) is a newly established non-profit society tasked with implementing the SLRD Electoral Area B, District of Lillooet & St’át’imc Agricultural Plan (Ag Plan) and beyond.
Delivering on key recommendations of the Ag Plan, LAFS is focused on: enhancing the agricultural viability of the region; promoting awareness, education, and research around local agriculture and food security; advancing sustainable agricultural practices; and assisting in localizing all aspects of the food system.
LAFS seeks to reflect and enhance the agricultural diversity present in the Lillooet area, providing a cohesive voice for local farmers and ranchers, organizations, initiatives and cooperatives supporting food and agriculture, as well as those linked to the food system through processing, distributing, consuming.
This 0.5 Full-Time Equivalent (average of 15-25 hours, funding dependant), 9 month contract (with annual renewal on March 31, 2019) position is to coordinate the newly established Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society (LAFS). This work will be guided by the purposes of LAFS noted above and will focus on implementing the high priority recommended actions, as identified in the Ag Plan and Work Plan of LAFS. Key tasks will include: program development and coordination; communications, fundraising, and administration. Specifically, the incumbent will work to implement the following LAFS Work Plan Priorities:
- Communications strategy.
- Hosting seminars, presentations, discussions, workshops (bringing in expert advice from other communities).
- Convening regular meetings for all those interested in local food security and agriculture to discuss relevant issues.
- Food system infrastructure acquisition (storage, transportation, processing).
- Implementing the Agri-tourism and Market Access and Growth Strategy recommendations.
This position will work closely with the LAFS Board of Directors, providing professional best practice- based expertise and leadership/guidance in agriculture, food systems, and community-based economic development. The work involves considerable coordination, facilitation, management, fundraising, communications, and collaborating.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in community economic development, communications, facilitation, food systems, agriculture or a related discipline as well as two or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project and fiscal management experience.
- Communications experience.
- Experience facilitating and engaging with community groups/volunteers and local governments.
- Knowledge of local agriculture and food distribution systems is an asset.
- Strong leadership, coordination and administrative skills.
- Experience in the non-profit society sector, including fundraising and grant writing.
Candidates must reside in the Lillooet area for the duration of the contract.
Compensation will be determined commensurate with knowledge, skills and ability. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter and references by email, no later than May 15, 2018 to:
Attn: Tristan Banwell, Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a complete job description, visit www.lillooetagricultureandfood.org
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Looking for more farm-related job & apprenticeship postings? Check out our Job Blog!