FarmFolk CityFolk is seeking someone who is responsive, highly organized, detail oriented, and tech savvy, with great communication skills. Marketing/Communications/
About Farm Folk City Folk
FarmFolk CityFolk (FFCF) is a not-for-profit charitable organization working to cultivate local, sustainable food systems across BC. We develop, operate, and act as a catalyst for projects that support access to and production of local, sustainable food; support local growers and producers; provide access to and protection of farmland; and connect, educate, and celebrate with communities across BC. For 25 years FFCF has been a leader in local food and sustainable agriculture working with business, NGO partners, government, universities, and the public to achieve our mandate.
Reporting to the Feast of Fields Events Manager, FFCF is seeking an Event Coordinator and Social Media Coordinator to help execute our popular Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields fundraising event. Feast of Fields is a wandering gourmet harvest festival, and will be held in Richmond, on Sunday September 8, 2019. We are seeking someone deeply familiar with event or festival planning and marketing for this fun and satisfying, fast paced position. The ideal candidate has boundless energy, and loves organization and details, is a self motivated, proactive problem solver, and is able to work mostly remotely. An interest in the local food movement and sustainable foods is necessary!
- Overall planning and logistics for the 2019 Metro Vancouver Feast of Fields to be held on Sunday, September 8, 2019, including host farm visits, site planning, vendor procurement, set up, day of event activities and tear down.
- Main liaison for all food and beverage participants (approx. 60), including all communication, plus permits, certifications and info collection.
- Adhere to the event budget and solicit in-kind sponsorships to offset budget costs.
- Work with the Manager to recruit, hire and train a small team of core volunteers (for silent auction, and the site volunteer team).
- Work with the Manager to help execute the promotions plan and event collaterals.
- Work with the event team to meet targets for vendor participation, ticket sales and other metrics.
- Attend coordinators’ meetings, and regional team meetings as required
- Content creation and engagement for social media related to participants – approx. 6-8/month (Instagram)
- Content creation, engagement and advertising for social media related to sponsors and general Feast of Fields content. Varies from 3 to 15 posts/month (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
- Marketing, communications or event management certification a strong asset
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Tech savvy – comfortable with the GSuite, social media, etc.
- Excellent attention to details and organization skills
- Responsive, reliable and flexible, with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Serving it Right certification (can be obtained once in the role)
Application deadline: Friday January 4, 2019
Start date: January 2019 (exact date TBD)
End date: October 31, 2019
This is a contract position, increasing in hours each month and ranging from 20-120 hours/month. The role is suitable for someone with additional time available from July to mid September, during the height of the event season.
The contract rate is $14,750, based on $11,500 for event coordination and $3250 for additional social media. Depending on applicants, we may split the role in two.
Our office is on Granville Island in Vancouver and we would love to work with someone we can meet face to face with on occasion. Working from the office is possible, as is working from home.
FFCF is an equal opportunity organization and encourages women, Indigenous people, people of colour, LGBTQ, and individuals from other diverse communities to apply.
In order to apply, email Wendy Riches, Events Manager at email@example.com
- use the subject line ‘Feast of Fields Coordinator position’
- send one pdf file containing both your cover letter and resume
- use the file name ‘MV Feast Coordinator First Name Last Name’
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
View the Young Agrarians website for more job listings.