Want to work with an exciting environmental and food security organization in the beautiful Cowichan Valley, BC? Cowichan Green Community has a farm intern position opening!
About Cowichan Green Community
The Cowichan Green Community is a not-for-profit, community based environmental and food-security organisation in Duncan, BC. Our food security projects include the creation of food policy documents such as the Cowichan Food Charter and the Cowichan Food Security Plan, projects like Kin Park Youth Urban Farm, FruitSave – a fruit gleaning project – the Buy Local! Buy Fresh! Farm Food Map, and community gardens. The Cowichan Incubator Seed Farm is the first of its time Incubator Farm and seed production and training farm. We host a community seed bank, seed library, and endeavour to improve our region’s seed security through seed production and education.
For more information visit www.cowichangreencommunity.org
Cowichan Incubator Seed Farm – Farm Intern
Overview: This position will report to the Farm Manager and will assist with the CGC Farm operation. This position will coordinate all the farm activities and will be a full time, paid intern staff position estimating June start date.
- Coordinate farm deliverables including assisting with development of site plan, preparing land and soil, mulching, greenhouses, irrigation etc
- Assist with seeding, planting, harvesting, and marketing all farm products
- Assist with supervising any volunteers including mentorship, and feedback
- Assist with marketing and promoting the farm.
- Assisting with planning, organizing, and implementing all project deliverables.
- Assist with the design and/or update all marketing materials including:
- Web page updates
- Media Releases
- Between the ages of 15 and 30;
- Unemployed or under-employed/not on EI
- Have graduated in the last three calendar years from: an agriculture-related program in a university, college or CEGEP; or a provincial program focusing on biological, agricultural and veterinary science or applied technology; and
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible for wage subsidy program
- This employee will work primarily outside on the farm but also some time in an office environment.
- This employee will work on a fulltime basis of 35 hours paid hours per week, with occasional evenings and weekends.
- Wage is $17/hour
Submit a cover letter and resume to Foster Richardson at: email@example.com