For the 2015 season Crickhollow Farm is offering a Garden Internship on their farm.
During the internship you will learn how to keep a half acre biodynamic market garden and CSA. The internship includes working with the following:
- Annual vegetable production
- Perennial herb garden
- Direct seeding and transplanting
- Weeding and bed management with crop rotation and cover cropping
- Practice using biodynamic preparations, the planting calendar and appreciating the farm as an individuality
- Harvest for weekly farmer’s market and CSA pickup
- Plant and pest identification
The Farm: We have 50 acres of field, hedgerows and woods and are cooperating with our neighbours to host their animals on our farm. This year we will also start using our neighbours greenhouse to grow tomatoes and other heat loving vegetables. Along our road there are four other small organic farms with a lively and musical social scene.
Our own animals include pet goats and a small flock of chickens.
Duration: May 1 – Oct 31, 2015
- Includes room and board in our post and beam, two room summer house.
- Stipend of $200 per month.
- Appropriate for those with or without farming experience.
- Working hours are Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm weather depending as well as one weekend a month.
For those with previous farming and gardening experience, you can deepen your knowledge of good organic and biodynamic gardening techniques. Also, this position could evolve in to a permanent partnership position.
Gardening newcomers are welcome and must demonstrate a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn, and ability to work independently.
We look forward to meeting and welcoming new gardeners!
Have a look at their lovely goats!