Join the team at Ignatius Farm this winter, an organic farm and education centre in Guelph, Ontario!
About Ignatius Farm
Ignatius Farm, an organic community based training farm, is an integral part of the Ignatius Jesuit Centre. The Ignatius land is considered sacred and those who work the land must have a commitment to ecology. Ignatius Farm grows certified organic vegetables and berries for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, the Milton Farmers Market, local businesses, and service agencies. Farm programs include Community Gardens, Acreage rentals, Internships, Working Shares and volunteering.
Check out this post on the Ignatius Farm website here.
- Experience with developing and facilitating agricultural training, with organic vegetable production, CSA, food sales, food safety
- Advocate for organic agriculture and local food
- Team & community builder; Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Office
- Valid G class drivers licence, First Aid/CPR an asset
- Health & Safety mindfulness; fit; works well outside in all weather, at a good pace
- Grow, harvest & distribute quality organic vegetables, indoor and outdoor
- Teach, lead, and set pace for field teams (interns, volunteers, field workers) and external groups
- Activities within the priority area of Education may include: o build, facilitate, and evaluate indoor growing training modules
- implement established programs with new/refined content- internship, community gardens, farm & community events
- produce newsletters/ media/marketing materials including new educational content
- liaise with farm training networks
- support documentation of successful field practices & lessons learned
- Contract duration: October 30, 2017 – August 31, 2018
- 30 hours per week average
- Compensation in accordance with the Ontario Job Creation Partnership. Optional housing. For more info on this program, please visit: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employers/jobCreation.html
Submit resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ontario Job Creation Partnership program is facilitated by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. It provides employment insurance benefits directly to the participant. Participant income supports are taxable but not insurable (i.e. hours do not count towards future EI Benefits). Eligible OJCP participants are: 1. Underemployed, i.e. working less than 20 hours per week 2. Legally entitled to work in Canada 3. A Canadian citizen or permanent resident 4. Established a claim for Employment Insurance benefits or had an Employment Insurance benefit period end within the past three years or established a claim for Employment Insurance maternity or parental benefits and were paid benefits within the past five years, and are re-entering the labour force after having left it to care for newborn or newly adopted children. 5. Have completed or will complete a Needs Assessment interview with a designated Employment Ontario Service Provider, and developed a Return To Work Action Plan (RTWAP) indicating that a JCP position is a suitable intervention to meet your Plan’s goal.