Join us for a full day workshop and start growing your farm business from the ground up! Learn about growing into better marketing, human resources and loans for your farm with Clint Ellison and Rob Short.
This workshop is delivered in partnership with Community Futures North Okanagan
NOVEMBER 8, 9 AM – 4 PM
Community Futures Vernon – 3105 33 St – 3rd Floor Community Boardroom
REGISTRATION: click here
Clint Ellison, AGRI
9:00 AM – 12:00PM
- business strategy
- marketing strategy
- production economics
- human resources
- financial management
- social responsibility
- succession planning
- business structure
- risk management
* In addition, explore possible definitions of a ‘successful farm business’ and what may be the barriers to developing a successful farm business.
Bring your own lunch or grab something nearby
Rob Short, Loans Coordinator with Community Futures
1:00PM – 3:00PM
By the end of this portion of the workshop, you will be able to:
- describe the various pieces of documentation required in a business loan application
- provide specifics relative to a requested loan amount together with supporting documentation
- demonstrate what the risks to the application are and how to mitigate them
- demonstrate loan repayment together with supporting documentation
- calculate your personal net worth
- calculate your personal total debt service ratio
- build and present a business loan application to a lender
Q & A: wrap up
3:00PM – 3:30PM
Join our event on Facebook!
For carpooling discussions & to see who else is coming, join the event on Facebook!