February 9 & 10, 2018 – Westerner Park, Red Deer, Alberta
If you are a farmer or rancher working to grow a sustainable and profitable farm business, this is the event for you! This year we have partnered with Rural Routes to Climate Solutions to bring you a special series on climate change (click here to learn more).
Discover innovative ideas, practical techniques and sensible management practices for every farmer at the 2018 Organic Alberta conference.
Sessions of interest to aspiring and new farmers:
- Indigenous Agriculture Models – Joe Munro
- Saving Seed: Looking at the How Tos – Shane Woods
- Cattle vs. Climate Change – Nicolette Niman
- What’s Up with CSAs – Mike Kozlowski, Daniel Chappell, John Mills
- Local Food Act and Local Organic Regulation
- Carbon Sequestration 101: How it Works – Tracy Misiewicz, The Organic Center
- Adaptive Agriculture for Climate Change – Leading Farmers