Position: Market gardeners (full-time and part-time)
Type: 4, 5, 6, and 7 month positions are available starting April/June and ending Oct/Nov.
Farm: Jonathan’s Farm
Location: near Winnipeg, 700 Mcphillips road, St. Andrews, Manitoba (accom. & camping available, see below)
About Jonathan’s Farm
Jonathan’s Farm is located 10 minutes north of Winnipeg and grows vegetables for 400 CSA members, the Wolseley Farmers Market and the Selkirk Farmers Market. We are committed to ecological farming practices and all our vegetables are grown naturally: no pesticides or herbicides prohibited by organic standards are used. Jonathan’s Farm has been in operation since 2010 and employs 4 people during the growing season.
Employees duties include the following:
- Greenhouse maintenance, seedling production and transplanting
- Harvesting and handling of vegetables
- Weed maintenance & pest control
- CSA and farmers’ market marketing & distribution
- irrigation set up and operation
We believe the best way to learn is by doing and as an employee on a profitable farm, you will learn how to farm not just ecologically but profitably. We also have lots of great books available for anyone wishing to study after hours.
Career opportunities are available for the right person.
Hours and Duration:
- Full time (35- 50 hours/week) and part time (15 – 35 hours/week) positions are available.
- 4, 5, 6, and 7 month positions are available starting from April to June and ending from the beginning of September to the end of October.
$11.50 – 13.50/hour
Workers compensation is also provided.
For those who wish to stay at the farm a fully furnished suite is available for rent or camping is also possible.
Please send resume and short cover letter to: