Looking for a part time farm job on southern Vancouver Island? Wind Whipped Farm in Metchosin is looking for a farm hand!
ABOUT WIND WHIPPED FARM
Wind Whipped Farm is based in Metchosin, BC. Wind Whipped Farm focuses on producing mixed vegetables and herbs (certified organic) known to be productive and profitable in small spaces, as well as mixed fruits including strawberries, apples, pears and plums. All vegetables are marketed through the Local Food Box Program. The Local Food Box is a multi-farm Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program that brings together Metchosin farmers to share a customer base and offer program members access to local and seasonal foods such as fruits and vegetables, meats, eggs and flowers. For more information see www.thelocalfoodbox.com and www.thelocalfoodbox.com/wind-whipped-farm.
We care about offering great quality seasonal foods, supporting local producers, and building relationships with community members. Organic practices help us build healthy soils that grow food that is good for people and the planet.
Find Wind Whipped Farm on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WindWhippedFarm
Wind Whipped Farm is looking for an individual with the following qualities.
- Hardworking: Able to conduct physical work and maintain a good pace in all kinds of weather
- Motivated: Strong work ethics and genuine interest in farming and local food production
- Experience in organic fruit and vegetable production is an asset but is not required.
The farm hand’s tasks and responsibilities include the production of fruits and vegetables and general farm maintenance. The primary tasks will consist of harvesting, washing and packaging fruits and vegetables. Other tasks may include:
- Preparing fields for plantings
- Assisting seeding and transplanting
- Preparing composts
- Applying soil amendments and fertilizers approved for certified organic production
- Managing weeds using hand tools
- Preventing pest damage by helping install row cover
- Pruning and trellising greenhouse plants
- Helping to maintain tools and equipment
- Assisting with other farm projects
Duration: May to November
Work hours: 7AM to 4:00 PM (1hr lunch break)
Work days: Monday and Thursday weekly, Friday bi-weekly
Total weekly hours: Minimum of 16 hours, maximum of 24 hours
Hourly wage: Starts at $13.50
Please email your resume by April 30th, 2018. If you have any questions, please email or call us at (250) 661-8099.
Email your resume to: email@example.com