Sky Harvest is looking for candidates with a strong sense of social and environmental responsibility, interested in joining their team of dedicated employees and volunteers whose unique talents shape Sky Harvest’s development.
ABOUT SKY HARVEST
Sky Harvest is Canada’s first certified organic, urban farm. Our work transforms the urban landscape, improves access to healthy produce and provides a place of community, education and work for local residents. Our current focus is growing microgreens and delivering them by bicycle to Vancouver’s top chefs and grocery stores.
Our day-to-day activities are driven by three core values:
- Lead by example: Providing a strong example of corporate social responsibility in business
- Inspire and assist: Spur the adoption of sustainability principles into others’ operations whenever feasible
- Innovate: Use innovation to move society towards sustainability and thrive-ability
For more information about Sky Harvest, visit their website at skyharvest.ca
- Strong cycling skills are a must
- Interest in urban agriculture activities and passionate about sustainability and local food systems
- Fun and easygoing personality
- Ability to work quickly, pay attention to small details and carry on a conversation simultaneously
- Exhibits reliability and commitment to our organization
- Must be able to perform physical labour on a daily basis
- The candidate must have their own bike and be very comfortable pulling a small delivery trailer as well
- Ability to perform bike deliveries of our products in all weather conditions. (Remember Vancouver experiences lots of rain!)
- Farming, gardening or experience working with your hands considered an asset
- Delivery (by bicycle) of our microgreens to our fine chefs. We have a unique trailer system that is compatible with most bikes
- Active participation in harvesting and planting is also a key component of this position
- 1 Part or full time Contract position available (8-27 hours weekly for 6 months minimum with the hopes someone will stay with us for the long-term). Mandatory work days are Wednesdays & Fridays (both positions) with additional days available.
- Start time: early- mid January (interviewing immediately)
- Pay: Starting pay is $13/hr +$1/hr end of contract bonus & Health Benefits (20+ hrs/week required) & Hot yoga membership & Weekly microgreens
- Opportunity to move up within the company as we continue to grow & expand
- Position is located in Richmond BC, and is a 7 minute bike ride from Bridgeport Skytrain Station
Please submit an introduction of yourself and why you would think you could be a good fit with us, a resume and any questions you may have about us or the position to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
SEE MORE FARM JOBS AND APPRENTICESHIPS ON OUR BLOG.