This position has been filled — thanks for your interest!
Looking for a late summer/fall farm job in the beautiful Cowichan Valley? Tatlo Road Farm is hiring 1-2 field hands to help finish out the season.
ABOUT TATLO ROAD FARM
We’re a small-scale, certified organic vegetable farm in the Cowichan. We’re looking for 1-2 people to help us finish out the season as one of our current staff members goes back to school this fall. The position is 3-4 days/week, depending on your interest and availability. The hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and the starting wage is $13/hour (or greater depending on experience). We’re looking for someone who can stay until the end of the season (end of October). Work will focus mainly on harvesting, wash and pack, but there may be some weeding and other odd jobs in the fall. Join our team for the latter half of the season, revel in the bounty of fall, work outdoors and soak up the beautiful autumn days! Ok, we can’t promise there won’t be some days working in the rain, but there will always be hot coffee/tea (and often treats)!
For more info visit: tatloroadfarm.com
Field hands need to:
- care about the quality of their work and pay special attention to detail
- have the ability to follow instruction well, but not be afraid to stop and ask for clarification
- show initiative and the ability to think ahead as a way to improve overall efficiency of a task
- work fast, and be thinking about ways to work even faster
- have the ability to maintain focus throughout long stretches of repetitive tasks (think harvesting hundreds of carrot bunches, without losing count or letting quality slip)
- be receptive to feedback and adjustments for work processes
- be neat, tidy, and organized
- have a general love of food, working outdoors, and being physical
- be a team player and generally want to do good work
Previous farm experience is not required, but can be an asset as well as is general experience working with plants
Work will be focused mainly on harvesting, washing, and packing for our CSA, wholesale accounts, and farmers markets. In and around that we will fit in other jobs such as planting, weeding, and bigger harvests of storage crops, plus odd jobs in the fall.
Start date & duration: Immediately, until the end of October.
Hours: 3-4 days per week, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wage: Starting wage is $13/hour (or greater depending on experience), plus access to free veg!
Please email us and include your resume and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org