Are you interested in supervising a crew of farm workers on a berry farm? The Saskatoon Farm in Okotoks, AB is hiring!
ABOUT THE SASKATOON FARM
Type of Farm Operations: Commercial production of saskatoon berries (70 acres), Commercial production of cherries (9 acres), Commercial production of vegetables (5 acres), Nursery (4 acres), Commercial greenhouse production of ornamentals for retail and fruit tree and vegetable seedling production for wholesale. Work Location Information: Rural area Work Site Environment/Setting: Outdoors, Greenhouse
Area of Specialization: Growing and propagation of fruits and vegetables Type of Crops and Products: Orchard crops such as rhubarb, sour cherries, saskatoon berries, black currant, vegetables; Greenhouse crops such as saskatoon berries seedlings, vegetables seedlings etc.
Find out more about The Saskatoon Farm: saskatoonfarm.com
- Languages: English
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education/training/experience
- Ability to Supervise: 5-8 people, this number may increase in peak periods
- Personal Suitability: Team player, Organized, Dependability
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers;
- Supervise, oversee and facilitate production of orchard crops in Summer and greenhouse crops in Winter, including commercial production for large commercial saskatoon berry orchard (pruning, spraying, fertility, harvesting, post harvest care of fruit and general orchard maintenance);
- Supervise, monitor and enforce procedures to maintain crop health and welfare;
- Supervise maintenance of infrastructure, equipment, and supplies;
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures;
- Ensure farm safety, food safety and security and bio-security procedures are followed;
- Maintain quality control and production records;
- May perform general farm duties.
- Own Tools/Equipment needed: Steel-toed safety boots
Job Location: 80181 – 338 Ave East Foothills, AB T1S 4S3
Terms: Permanent, Full time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Holidays
Hours: 30 (Winter) to 60 (Summer) hours / week
Wage: $18.43 to $22.00 / hour Benefits: Subsidised staff accommodations with internet available
Please send your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: 80181 – 338 Ave East Foothills, AB, T1S 4S3.
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada are welcome to apply.