F/T Farm Job
Location: Pemberton, B.C.
Duration: Start of May until mid-October, 2017; ~40 hours/week, 5 days/week
About Plenty Wild Farms
We are a small-scale, Certified Organic farm in our 5th year of operation. Our focus is on growing a wide variety of high-quality vegetables, which we sell directly from the farm and through local farmers’ markets. We also have a small but steadily expanding flock of Clun Forest sheep.
Farm Job Description
You are a hard-working, self-motivated person who takes pride in doing their job well. You can work comfortably by yourself or with others in a fast-paced environment. You have a positive attitude and are passionate about farming. You will work as part of a team 3-4 days a week and independently by yourself 1-2 days a week.
Your responsibilities will include:
- bed preparation (including use of BCS walk-behind tractor)
- seeding and transplanting crops
- weeding (by hand and with hand tools)
- pruning and trellising
- harvesting, cleaning, sorting and packing vegetables for markets
- operating irrigation
- setting up and tearing down farm stand
- accurately handling cash or credit card transactions
- providing excellent customer service
- maintaining accurate records as required
- following farm policies related to food safety and quality, farm safety and organic certification
- feeding and watering animals
This work is physically demanding (especially on the back and knees), sometimes repetitive and performed outdoors in all sorts of weather (from sweltering heat to pouring rain). You must be willing and able to work in these conditions.
Farm Job Requirements
- strong work ethic
- minimum of 1 full season of related farm experience
- experience operating BCS walk-behind tractor considered an asset
- physically fit; able to bend for long periods of time; able to lift and carry 50lbs
- able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- able to work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- excellent attention to detail and quality
- strong customer service skills
- accountable and reliable
- great communication skills
These are paid positions with an hourly wage dependent on experience (in the range of $12-$14/h). Access to free vegetables is included. Wage increases throughout the season, dependent on performance, are also possible.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume (including a minimum of two references) to us at: email@example.com by February 28th, 2017. Please include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position as well as your relevant work experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– David & Alyssa
Find out more about Plenty Wild Farms at: http://www.plentywild.ca