BeetBox Co-operative Farm is growing (pardon the pun)! And, we need people like you; people who peruse food related employment opportunities.
We are looking for an assistant market gardener to catapult our CSA program to the next level!
ABOUT BeetBox Co-operative Farm
We are a farmer-owned workers co-operative growing high quality vegetables, ecologically.
Last year, we established a new CSA for the lovely people of West Ottawa.
The co-op was established in 2017 by three young agrarians: Jeremy Colbeck, Lise-Anne
Léveillé, and David Mazur-Goulet. Together, we bring over a decade of growing experience to our community.
What makes us different?
- 110 acres right in the city
- Surrounded by forest and a short walk from the very swimmable Ottawa River.
- A farm that is financed by its members and the community at large
- Opportunities that lie beyond the six month contract as we grow year after year
- Possibility of living on the farm
For more information about BeetBox Co-operative Farm, visit their website at beetbox.ca
We are looking for a person who:
- Has interest, experience and / or training in organic farming
- Believes that good work is found through the exercise of their strengths; we’re talking beyond muscles here
- Has high integrity, the capacity to learn quickly, and high intrinsic motivation; we can teach you all the rest!
- Is autonomous but loves team work
- Is comfortable with repetitive tasks and working in warm, cold, rain and windy weather
- Bilingualism is an asset since the farm is already fully bilingual
Planting and care of crops in fields and in the greenhouse; harvesting; packaging and
washing products for CSA baskets. Help with the preparation of the drop point and all
other related tasks.
- Six month contract from early May to late October 2019
- 40 hours a week at $15/hr
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (earlier start during harvests and 1 hour unpaid lunch)
- Free weekly standard size CSA box
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: January 15th.
SEE MORE FARM JOBS AND APPRENTICESHIPS ON OUR BLOG.