Medley Organics is looking for a F/T Farm worker for the 2018 season!
Location: Summerland, BC
Duration: From early April to end of October. 30-40hours a week on 5 days.
ABOUT MEDLEY ORGANICS
Very productive small certified organic farm business on an acre and a half on leased land in beautiful Summerland in the south Okanagan Valley. In my 4th year of operation growing a wide variety of vegetables for the Penticton farmers’ market and some of the great restaurants of the region.
Looking for a motivated worker that is comfortable working alone and with me on a very productive small farm. A good opportunity to learn all aspects of organic vegetable farming with practical work.
- field preparation (mowing, BCS tractor work, broadforking, adding ammendments, etc)
- planting (both by seed and transplants)
- weeding (flame and wheel hoe, but by hand too)
- tons of harvesting
- cleaning and sorting and packing produce for clients and market
- Helping with service and sales at farmers’ market
- some irrigation work (turning some taps and digging holes, glueing pipes, setting out drip lines)
- helping on other projects (building greenhouse this year, drip line winder)
- keeping records of most everything
The ideal candidate:
- has at least done a 3 months apprenticeship on an organic farm or 4-6 months work experience
- is self-motivated to get jobs at hand done and can take instructions on how to do it
- is able to work in a variety of weather conditions (but mostly Okanagan Summer heat)
- is physically fit (most of the work involves being at ground level and lifting flats of produce)
- is interested in organic farming
Wage will start at $13.00/hr. and will go up during season depending on learning and efficiency. Also access to lots of vegetables and some fruit enough for eating and some preserving.
Email resume to email@example.com Please include why you would like to work for Medley Organics, areas of expertise and questions you may have.