Longview Farms has job openings for people who are passionate about farming and local food security to join our crew over the winter and into next season.
About Longview Farms
Longview Farms is a progressive grower and shipper of quality fresh-cut daffodils and daffodil bulbs as well as a wide variety of Certified Organic fruit and vegetable crops grown in both the fields and greenhouses. We have expanded our food crop varieties and acreage each year to well over 60ha (150acres) of Certified Organic land in the rotation with further expansion planned for future seasons. Our farm is located in the municipality of Central Saanich on Southern Vancouver Island which is on the west cost of British Columbia. This area hosts some of the most productive farmland in Canada. We sell our products into the local marketplace through large wholesalers as well as directly to local retailers throughout Vancouver Island and BC.
We are a split certified farm growing conventional pumpkins, daffodil flowers/bulbs and hay along with our large production of Certified Organic fruit and vegetables. We are certified by PACS (16-512) and pride ourselves on our quality and customer service.
About the Job
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about farming and local food security to join our crew over the winter and into next season. Successful applicants at Longview:
- have fun and get along well with others;
- don’t let things get under their skin;
- take pride in working quickly and efficiently to get the job done without sacrificing quality standards;
- can thrive in a team as well as rocking it solo;
- are versatile and can preserver in changing weather and field conditions;
- will show leadership by helping others;
- are physically fit and can lift at least 50 pounds;
- enjoy what they do and want to learn more;
- are trustworthy with our name and reputation in their hands.
We are a very diversified operation and we will be woking inside the greenhouse, warehouse or outside in every type of weather. Our setting is overlooking the ocean and Mt. Baker, but that is not only why we call this farm “Longview”. It is also because we have a shared vision of how we can positively contribute to our community through local agriculture.
Applicants will be expected to:
- Work 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
- pick, wash, process, pack food crops for local shipping;
- greenhouse, warehouse and field maintenance;
- stack and or deliver hay as needed;
- some equipment operation as needed with experience and training.
Start Date: Immediately
Hours per week: 40 minimum and more as needed.
Pay rate: Minimum wage to start ($11.35/hour) with room for advancement with certifications or more skilled experience. (Will discuss further upon request)
Please send your resume and any relevant certificates to Ryan Vantreight: firstname.lastname@example.org