Looking for a fun physical job working outdoors in the Sea to Sky Corridor? Become part of the local organic food system at Laughing Crow Organics!
ABOUT LAUGHING CROW ORGANICS
Laughing Crow Organics is a certified organic mixed vegetable farm that operates on leased land in the Beautiful Pemberton Valley of BC. We are passionate about what we do and we’re motivated to earn a decent living while doing it. The Farm grows a wide variety of vegetables for a 100 member summer CSA program, Farmer’s Markets in the Sea to Sky corridor, a road side honor stand and select restaurant accounts.
We use a combination of small tractor and hand tools for field cultivation, the majority of harvesting is done by hand. We work hard, enjoy what we do and eat well while doing it. The 5 acre farm is the benevolent dictator to owners Andrew Budgell and Kerry McCann. We are looking for crew members to join our team for the 2018 growing season.
Find Laughing Crow Organics online: laughingcroworganics.com
- Hardworking – able to consistently work quickly while maintaining quality and attention to detail
- Communicative – respectful of others, receptive to feedback and adjustments for work processes
- Able to work in a team or alone, generally positive attitude
- Reliable and Punctual-arrive for work ready to work with the appropriate attire, have reliable transportation
- Must be physically fit, able to lift 40lb bins. comfortable in all weather conditions including extreme heat
We’re looking for people who want to learn, be involved in the process of growing really good food, like hard work, enjoy a good challenge, are able to work quickly and efficiently in a crew or alone and who strive to create positive environments within themselves and in those they are surrounded by.
Jobs throughout the season will include but are not limited to:
- Field building/Bed prepping
- Weeding/weed management and cultivation
- Greenhouse maintenance and pruning
- Harvesting and post harvest packing
- Field record keeping
We are hiring Full time positions for 2018 start May 1 -Oct 31
Full time 40 Hours a week
$13-14 hourly depending on experience. Free in season veggies for all employees We have on Farm rental accommodation possible for one or two team members.
Please email us with a cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position and your Current resume with at least two references.
Apply to: email@example.com