Ignatius Farm in Guelph, Ontario is an organic training farm at the Ignatius Jesuit Centre. They are seeking a farm education assistant for November, 2017.
About Ignatius Farm
Ignatius Farm, an organic community based training farm, is an integral part of the Ignatius Jesuit Centre. The Ignatius land is considered sacred and those who work the land must have a commitment to ecology. Ignatius Farm grows certified organic vegetables and berries for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, the Milton Farmers Market, local businesses, and service agencies. Farm programs include Community Gardens, Acreage rentals, Internships, Working Shares and volunteering.
For more info about Ignatius Farm, visit their website here.
Qualifications & Eligibility
- Experience with developing and facilitating agricultural training with organic vegetable production, CSA programs, food sales and food safety
- Advocate for organic agriculture and local food
- Team & community builder; Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Office suite, newsletter software & social media
- Valid G class drivers licence, First Aid/CPR an asset
- Health & Safety mindfulness; fit; works well outside in all weather, at a good pace
- Support field team to grow, harvest & distribute quality organic vegetables, indoor and outdoor
- Provide workshop trainings for field teams (interns, volunteers, field workers) and external groups
- Build, facilitate, and evaluate indoor growing training modules;
- Implement new content into established programs – including internships, community gardens and farm & community events;
- Produce newsletters/ media/marketing materials;
- Liaise with farm training networks and promote programs
- Document successful field practices & lessons learned;
- 30 hours per week
- Optional housing
- Contract duration: November 13 or 20 through August 31, 2018
- 30 hours per week
Submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is part of the Ontario Job Creation Partnership program that is facilitated by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. It provides employment insurance benefits directly to the participant. Participant income supports are taxable but not insurable (i.e. hours do not count towards future EI Benefits). Eligible OJCP participants: 1. Underemployed, i.e. working less than 20 hours per week 2. Legally entitled to work in Canada 3. A Canadian citizen or permanent resident 4. Established a claim for Employment Insurance benefits or had an Employment Insurance benefit period end within the past three years or established a claim for Employment Insurance maternity or parental benefits and were paid benefits within the past five years, and are re-entering the labour force after having left it to care for newborn or newly adopted children. 5. Have completed or will complete a Needs Assessment interview with a designated Employment Ontario Service Provider, and developed a Return To Work Action Plan (RTWAP) indicating that a JCP position is a suitable intervention to meet your Plan’s goal. Police checks are required as part of working with the Ignatius Jesuit Centre.