Clubhouse Farmer Position:
The Clubhouse Farm is seeking a candidate with farming experience to join our team for the 2016 growing season. This unique and exciting farm and nature based summer program for children provides a platform for childcare and education, a source of local produce, and support for local ecosystems and biodiversity. Please review the eligibility criteria before submitting your application.
Start Date: May 2, 2016
Position Responsibilities and Details:
- Managing volunteer labour groups – sometimes weekly, groups of 10 to 30 volunteers.
- Production tasks – seeding, transplanting, trellising, pruning, thinning, irrigating, managing pests, weeding, harvesting, etc.
- Egg production – collecting, washing, packaging, labeling and storing eggs for sale.
- Education Garden – assisting with the maintenance of the Clubhouse Farm Children’s Education Garden as required.
- Clubhouse Farm School Tours – assisting with planning and leading Farm tours for elementary school students. Assisting with educating and instructing children (including input on curriculum planning and preparations.
Please submit application to Audrey: email@example.com.