Are you an experienced organic farmer looking for a challenge? Help start up a brand new farm in Pemberton as the Blue House Organics Farm Manager!
Blue House Organics is a start-up farm, and is seeking a Farm Manager that can prepare a crop plan, marketing plan and execute a business plan with the help of Farm Workers on 18 acres. The idea is to grow vegetables and fruit trees, garlic, etc. We are aiming for organic certification—and we can accomplish it in 18 months. We offer a competitive salary, bonus and profit-sharing program plus living accommodations and team work spirit.
- Real-life, hands-on experience of 3 years or more
- Foundational technical skills in all physical aspects of farm operations
Blue House Organics Farm Manager Duties
The Blue House Organics Farm Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Perform practical activities, i.e. drive tractors, operate machinery, inspect sprinklers, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Participate in crop harvest — may be asked to direct or oversee seasonal help during harvest
- Load products into trucks and/or drive trucks to market/storage
- Set up/inspect/repair irrigation system equipment
- Communicate with farm owner regarding crop progress and issues that may arise
- Willing to take what it takes to attain certification as required (e.g organic certification)
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are strictly followed
- Perform other general farm duties as needed.
- Help organize marketing thru CSA, Farmers Market, Direct Wholesale.
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to take initiative and handle whatever situation that may arise
- Flexible in order to roll with ever-changing conditions
- Oriented towards Team work more than work alone.
- Excel and power point skills desirable .
Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency status is preferred. Relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time. This is a full-time employee position, contractors can be considered.
We are looking for high-energy, enthusiastic, experienced people who have what it takes to take care of our land.
If you enjoy working outdoors and want a varied and challenging career, then this position may be right for you.
If interested please send an email to Alexsucre@hotmail.com