We require an individual (or couple) who has a desire to become an integral part of our operation – someone who will take on all areas of responsibility related to the farm as if it were their own.
DUTIES: Will include all aspects of animal care and husbandry with our pigs (and some cattle), feed processing, equipment/pasture/yard maintenance and repair, irrigation and pasture management, transportation of livestock and meat, and farm representation/sales at various markets/venues from time to time.
– Ideally, you are a jack of all trades with basic carpentry, welding, and fencing abilities.
– You can work well independently or with others and you are responsible, mature and dedicated.
– You are physically fit and reasonably strong
– You have good interpersonal and communication skills
– You are comfortable with operating trucks/trailers, tractors, skid steers, etc.
– You have great common sense!
HOUSING: A newer and modern 2 bedroom house is available if required, as part of the compensation package
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience and skills.
We are willing to provide livestock skill training for the right person/situation.
This is a permanent, full time position 5 +/- days per week.
Please respond with an updated resume, references, and an indication as to why this position interests you.
Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.