Job Opportunity: Executive Director at the Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network
Since 2000, ACORN has been Atlantic Canada’s key organization for information on organic agriculture and eating organics. From seed to farmer to consumer, ACORN’s talented and dedicated team works to support a unified and effective organic sector throughout the region. ACORN is currently recruiting for a new Executive Director, who will be responsible for leading the organization according to the strategic direction set by our Board of Directors. This is a permanent, full-time career opportunity, based out of Sackville, NB.
Who should apply?
You are an energetic, focused, and results-oriented thinker with proven leadership skills. You are passionate about achieving sustainable results through collaboration and participatory leadership. You are drawn to working in a non-profit environment, and interested in playing a key role in the organic sector. You enjoy networking, and communicate well in English and French. You are an analytical thinker and a good listener. Your administration skills are well established, and you are familiar with marketing, fundraising and event planning principles.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- work strategically with our Board of Directors and partners to advance the organization and the sector.
- foster a healthy and engaging work environment with our team, and support them in efficient and effective project planning and management.
- provide financial and fundraising leadership including budgeting, controlling expenses/cash flow, and securing adequate funding for operations and projects.
- promote positive and productive relations with federal and provincial governments, as well as regional, national and international organic organizations and stakeholders in relevant fields.
- directly coordinate the Annual General Meeting, and board meetings, and provide oversight and support to staff with the effective organization of up to thirty workshops and webinars annually.
Core requirements for this role include:
- Past work experience with non-profit or charitable organizations an asset;
- Past management experience and demonstrable leadership skills;
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- Business (or related) administration and budgeting skills;
- Familiarity with marketing, networking and fundraising;
- Familiarity with organic sector and ACORN stakeholders an asset;
- Ability to engage and motivate team members through collaboration and participatory leadership;
- Focus & results-orientation;
- French and English written and oral language skills;
- Experience with Mac computers, the iWork and Microsoft suites of programs––including Excel/Numbers spreadsheet programs, as well as sharing technologies are strong assets;
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Non-Profit Management or related field considered an asset.
- Range: $45,000 – $50,000 commensurate with experience
- Starting at 3 weeks vacation per annum
- Participation in ACORN’s Benefits program
Please apply with your resume and a brief cover letter. These must be sent as one single PDF document with your full name as the filename. Please send to email@example.com on or before January 31, 2017.
About Sackville, New Brunswick
Find out more about life in Sackville by visiting the Town of Sackville website: https://sackville.com/explore-sackville/move-here/